Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Paper Bead Jewelry Sets



My Orange-Gold Jewelry Set


My purple and gold handmade jewelry set
 It's interesting how differently these sets photograph and look with different backgrounds.  I think that my favorite is the purple set, except for the earrings.  I love the earrings by themselves, but I don't think that they go with the necklace very well.  I think that the proportion is off.


Both pendants are made from layered cardboard that I decoupaged with scraps of torn paper.  Some of the papers were ones that I had hand painted.  They were tissue paper that I painted with metallic acrylic paint and pearlized, metalic and glittery fabric paints.  The metal discs on the purple earrings came from a necklace that I picked up at either Goodwill or a rummage sale.  Each set contains paper beads that I made myself and an assortment of glass, plastic, clay, metal beads that I had in my bead collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment